Understanding International Dialing Codes
International dialing codes are a set of numeric figures that are used to make phone calls from one country to another. They are also called international access codes or country codes. These codes are prefixed to phone numbers when making international calls to ensure that the call gets connected to the right country and recipient. Understanding these codes is essential if you want to make a phone call from the USA to New Zealand or any other country.
The international dialing code for New Zealand is +64. This code needs to be prefixed to the phone number when calling New Zealand from the USA. Without the international access code, the phone call will not go through to the recipient in New Zealand. The code +1 is used as the international access code for the USA.
When calling New Zealand from the USA, you will need to dial the following sequence of numbers:
+1 (USA international access code) +64 (New Zealand international dialing code) [phone number]
It is important to note that the sequence of numbers will vary depending on the country you are calling from and the country you are calling to. Therefore, it is essential to check the international dialing codes for both the countries to ensure that you get the sequence of numbers right.
In addition to international dialing codes, you may also need to add other codes when making international calls. For instance, you may need to add area codes, exit codes, and country codes. Area codes are specific to certain regions within a country. They are used to identify the particular area that the caller is calling. Exit codes are used to exit the international phone call and return to the local call in the USA. They are necessary when making calls to countries with multiple time zones or when the recipient’s country uses daylight saving time. Country codes are used to identify the country that the caller is calling. For example, the country code for the USA is +1.
It is also important to note that different phone service providers have different rates for international calls. The rates may also vary depending on the time of day and the day of the week. Therefore, it is important to check with your service provider to find out the rates for calling New Zealand from the USA. You can also use online calling services such as Skype to make calls to New Zealand. These services are usually cheaper than traditional phone calls.
In conclusion, understanding international dialing codes is necessary when making phone calls from the USA to New Zealand. The international dialing code for New Zealand is +64, and it needs to be prefixed to the phone number when making an international call. It is also important to be aware of other codes such as exit codes, area codes, and country codes, which may also need to be added when making an international call. Checking with your service provider can help you find out the rates for making international calls to New Zealand.
Finding the Right Calling Card or Service Provider
Calling New Zealand from the USA can be expensive, especially if you frequently make international calls. However, there are several options to make international calls that are affordable and convenient. One of the most popular options is to use a calling card or service provider. Here are a few things to consider when finding the right calling card or service provider:
1. Compare Different Options: When searching for a calling card or service provider, make sure you research several different options. Look for providers that offer competitive prices and have a good reputation. Also, check for any hidden fees that may apply, such as connection fees or maintenance fees. Reading customer reviews and ratings can also be helpful in determining which provider to choose.
2. Look for International Calling Plans: Many popular service providers offer international calling plans that can save you money when making calls to New Zealand or other countries. These plans usually offer a set number of minutes per month for a flat rate or discounted rates per minute. Check to see whether the plan covers both landline and mobile phone calls.
3. Consider Prepaid Cards: Prepaid calling cards can be a great option for those who make infrequent calls to New Zealand. Simply purchase a card with a set amount of minutes, and use it to make calls until the minutes run out. It’s important to note that prepaid cards often have higher per minute rates than regular service providers.
4. Check for Features: Some service providers offer additional features that can make international calling more convenient. For example, some providers offer mobile apps that allow you to make calls from your smartphone or tablet. Other providers offer features such as virtual numbers or voicemail service. Take a look at the features offered by different providers to find one that best meets your needs.
5. Check for Hidden Fees: When comparing calling cards or service providers, make sure to read the fine print and look for any hidden fees that may apply. Some providers charge connection fees, maintenance fees, or even termination fees. Others may charge additional fees for international texting or data usage. It’s important to know exactly what you’re paying for to avoid any surprises on your bill.
By considering these factors, you can find a calling card or service provider that fits your needs and budget. Whether you choose to use an international calling plan or a prepaid card, you can stay connected with friends and family in New Zealand without breaking the bank.
Dialing a New Zealand Phone Number from the United States
Whether you are calling a friend or a business associate in New Zealand, it is important to know the correct way to dial a New Zealand phone number from the United States. This article will guide you through the process so that you can make your call with ease.
Step 1: Know the New Zealand Country Code
The first step to dialing a New Zealand phone number from the United States is to know the country code. The country code for New Zealand is +64. This means that you will need to dial +64 before the New Zealand phone number that you wish to call.
Step 2: Know the New Zealand Area Code
Once you have the country code, the next step is to know the area code of the person or business that you are calling. The area code is typically three digits and can be found by doing a quick online search or by asking the person on the other end of the phone.
For example, if you are calling Auckland, New Zealand, the area code is 9. This means that you will need to dial +64 9 before the New Zealand phone number that you wish to call.
Step 3: Dialing the New Zealand Phone Number
Now that you have the country code and the area code, it is time to dial the New Zealand phone number. To do this, simply dial the country code, followed by the area code, and then the seven-digit phone number.
For example, if you are calling a business in Wellington, New Zealand, and their phone number is 04 567 8901, you would need to dial +64 4 567 8901.
It is important to note that international calls can sometimes be more expensive, so be sure to check with your phone provider to find out what the charges will be for your call to New Zealand. Additionally, if you are calling outside of normal business hours in New Zealand, you may need to account for the time difference when making your call.
Following these steps will ensure that you are able to successfully dial a New Zealand phone number from the United States. Whether you are calling a friend, family member, or business associate, knowing the correct way to dial the number will help you to make your call with ease.
Tips for Making Successful Calls to New Zealand
If you’re planning to call New Zealand from the USA, you may have some questions about how to do it successfully. Making an international call can be tricky, but with the right tips, you’ll be able to connect with your loved ones in New Zealand without any hassle. Here are some helpful tips for making successful calls to New Zealand:
1. Know the Time Zone Difference
Before you make a call to New Zealand, be sure to check the time difference between your location and New Zealand. New Zealand is located in the Southern Hemisphere, so their seasons are opposite of those in the Northern Hemisphere. This means that New Zealand’s time zone is likely to be different from yours, so ensure you check the time difference to avoid calling at an inconvenient time.
2. Use the Correct Country Code
Make sure you use the correct country code when calling New Zealand from the USA. To call New Zealand, you need to enter the international access code of “011” used by the USA and Canada, followed by New Zealand’s country code, which is “64”. Finally, enter the area code you want to call, followed by the local number in New Zealand.
3. Consider Using a VoIP Service
One way to save money when making international calls is to consider using a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service instead of a traditional phone line. VoIP services allow you to make phone calls over the internet, which is often more economical than using a traditional phone service. Some examples of popular VoIP services include Skype, WhatsApp, and Viber.
4. Choose the Best Time to Call
Choosing the right time to call New Zealand can impact your call’s success rate. Generally, it is best to call during the day in New Zealand, which is in the late night or early morning in the USA. This is when people are awake and more likely to answer their phones. Avoid calling during their evening or early morning hours, as this is when people are most likely in bed.
Another factor to consider is whether it’s a business day in New Zealand. New Zealand’s time zone is 18 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time, which means that when it is Monday in the USA, it is already Tuesday in New Zealand. Be mindful of this difference to avoid calling businesses or government offices when they are closed.
5. Check Your Phone Plan
Before making an international call, ensure that you check your phone plan to see if it includes international calling features. If it doesn’t, you may need to pay additional fees, so it’s best to call when rates are lower. Some phone providers also offer special international calling plans that can help you save money.
With these helpful tips in mind, you’ll be able to make successful calls to New Zealand from the USA. Always double-check the timing you’re calling, use the correct country code, consider using a VoIP service, choose the best time to call, and check your phone plan for any international calling fees. By following these guidelines, you’ll have a seamless calling experience and stay connected with loved ones on the other side of the world.
Alternatives to Traditional Phone Calls, such as Video Chatting and Messaging Apps
If you are looking for a more modern way to communicate with your friends or family in New Zealand, you can try using video chatting and messaging apps. These tools are widely available and can be used on different devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Here are some popular options:
- Skype: This is one of the most well-known video chatting apps that can be used to make free voice and video calls from your computer or smartphone. All you need is an internet connection, and you can connect with anyone in New Zealand in real time.
- WhatsApp: This messaging app is also a great way to communicate with your loved ones in New Zealand. You can send and receive messages, photos, and videos for free, as long as you and your contact have the app installed on your phones and have an internet connection.
- Facetime: If you have an iPhone or an iPad, you can use Facetime to make free video calls to your contacts in New Zealand. This app is pre-installed on Apple devices and is easy to use, making it a popular choice for many users.
- Facebook Messenger: This messaging app is integrated with Facebook, allowing you to send messages, make voice and video calls, and even share photos and videos with your Facebook friends in New Zealand. The app is free to use and can be downloaded on any smartphone or tablet.
- Viber: This app can be used to make free calls and send messages to anyone in the world, as long as both you and your contact have Viber installed on your devices. You can also make group calls, share stickers, and send photos and videos with ease.
As you can see, there are many alternatives to traditional phone calls that you can use to stay connected with your loved ones in New Zealand. Video chatting and messaging apps are fast, reliable, and easy to use, making them a great option for those who want to communicate without spending a lot of money on international calls.